Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Amelia's Artwork




The other day, I was writing a list.  As a habitual list-maker, it was likely one of many: a grocery list, a to-do list, an idea list - the list goes on.  Well, Amelia came along and wanted my pencil and notepad. Curious as to what she would do, I gave it to her.  She immediately scribbled on the paper (and the table leg and the floor).

It always amazes me how young children pick up so much just by watching us!

Amelia also came across a sticker on the floor that had lost its stickiness.  I think it was a Halloween sticker (it is now January).  No matter how much I clean our floors, I am always finding stuff that I've missed, dirt, crumbs, and random things in weird places; this usually starts about 10 minutes after I finish cleaning the floors.  If I'm lucky.  Such is life with two kids and a dog!  Anyway, Amelia tried to stick that unsticky sticker onto everything: the couch, Oliver, me.

So when Oliver wanted to make drawings yesterday...




I thought it was about time for Amelia to join in too!




I keep a basket handy with colouring books, crayons and stickers.  That way, we can make drawings at a moment's notice (and the kids can be quickly occupied for a few minutes when necessary).  And if I'm really on the ball, I change out the stickers in the basket depending on the season.




Amelia loved sticking on those stickers, which took some serious concentration!  Now, her very first work of art is hanging on our wall.





1 comment:

  1. I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Life Clinic via their website www.ultimatelifeclinic.com . I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts.